Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ispiice

After the long bus ride and the short drive in the taxi to the Ispiice house, I was greeted by Aoife who showed me around the house and introduced me to the rest of the staff. They are all really nice people and they are a lot of fun! The ispiice house is nice. My room here is a good size and there is lots of storage to keep my clothes and the toys, books, and candy that I brought for the children. I think I will give it to them in small amounts at a time so that they have something new to play with everyday. There is a large full bathroom connecting me and Aoife's rooms and the bathroom as a perfect view of the snowcapped himalayas! It is strange to see the snow up on the mountains because it is so warm down here! It feels like early summer right now but it will start to get very hot soon! When I arrived, Aoife and I had breakfast and tea and then I unpacked my suitcase and then took a shower and then took a nap. Since I hadn't slept much on the bus, I ended up sleeping until 6:00 in the evening and the tradition of skipping one meal a day continued since I slept right through lunch time! That night we had dinner which was vegetables with spices and chapattis and more tea. Then Varun and Aoife set up the modem on my laptop so that I could use the internet. Then we talked about the work areas and the schedule for the next day and by that time I was tired again and I went to bed.

1 comment: