Friday, March 11, 2011

Packing


before leaving, it took all my will power to stop procrastinating and start packing my suitcase. I kept putting it off because there was so much to pack! I only packed a few outfits because I was planning on buying local Indian clothes but I did have to pack a winter coat and other warm clothes for treking in the Himalayas. I packed lots t-shirts, a few pairs of pants, a long, light skirt, hiking gear, and a hiking backpack in compression bags and they filled my giant suitcase about half-way. The leftover space in the suitcase was soon filled with toys, books, candy, and school supplies to give to the school children in Dharamsala. I also packed my own sheets, towels, blanket and pillow case which took up a lot of space, even in the compression bags. The packing process was made a little easier for me with the help of my little sister, Claire! Since Claire and I could both fit in my suitcase at the same time, she had asked me if she could ride in my suitcase all the way to India with me! I wish that could have been possible because I know how badly she wanted me to stay! I packed so much into one suitcase that it was over the weight limit at the airport and I had to pay the fine but it was worth it to have everything I needed in one suitcase! Now that I am an experienced luggage packer, I think that getting ready for the trip back home will be much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment